Today is the first day of our, my church’s, 21 day fast. The theme of the fast is breaking strongholds. For the sake of today’s blog, I’m going to change the word from breaking to pulling.
This morning we were encouraged with wise words as they fell like the dew in the morning from Pastor Paul’s mouth.
Ah speaking of mouths, wisdom, and as aforementioned pulling, I got my wisdom tooth pulled OUT.
Can you believe this experience taught me about strongholds?
1. Only someone who knows what they are doing will be able to comfort you properly, before, during and after the procedure.
2. You as the patient have to trust the One doing the surgical work.
3. Now that the damage is done you are in charge of how quickly you recover by following the post surgical instructions. (You can cry about it or you can continue to live life with it bandaged for a while.)
4. The area feels weird, empty, and like something is missing.
5. You don’t want to eat because it’s not as natural feeling as it once was.
6. Talking is at it’s minimum. Praying for a speedy recovery is at it’s max.
7. You know when all the weird feelings and bleeding go away, you know it’s for your best and all things will work together for good in the end.
8. A renewal of you begins without that which was once rooted.
I don’t know if you can see what I am seeing. If so I think it’s not a bad way yo look at strongholds coming down. You’ll hear the cracking, then see the problem, then feel it’s effects for a little while, but finally be FREE.